- Host of Exciting Activities include Traditional ASEAN cultural performances, Beat the Pro Challenge & Cuisine by Celebrity Chef
Kuala Lumpur, 22 January 2018 - Maybank Championship set to take place at Saujana Golf and Country Club from 1-4 February 2018 will feature an extensive host of experiences for its guests to immerse themselves in. These include cultural performances, a Beat the Pro challenge, specially curated cuisine by Celebrity Chef Adrian Richardson, Yoga sessions, players autograph sessions and other exciting activities. Holders of Maybank American Express cards as well as other Maybank credit cards (platinum & above) will gain two free entries each while those with the new Maybank app will gain one free entry each throughout the tournament.
In line with its theme, The Best of ASEAN Meets the Best of The World, the Maybank Championship spectator activity line up promises a myriad of experiences to awaken one’s senses - from delectable cuisines to music performances comprising traditional ASEAN dances and drum performances by Maybank Kim Eng’s KataKatha initiative, as well as golfing challenges against the pros, with great prizes to be won.
Satisfying Malaysians’ love for food, the tournament week will feature a special spread curated by Celebrity Chef, Adrian Richardson. Richardson is an Award-Winning Meat Maestro and host of Asian Food Channel’s ‘Good Chef Bad Chef’ series. He will be right here in Malaysia to tickle visitors’ taste buds with his special curation sold from Aloft KL’s Food Truck parked right outside The Village.
In addition, a special “Beat the Pro” challenge will be running during the Maybank Championship 2018. Visitors can watch amateurs taking on professionals on 3 February 2018 (Tournament Day 3) at Hole 7 where they will be given the opportunity to hit the ball closer to the pin than the pros. This is the first time an activity like this will be carried out in Malaysia and Asia, and only the second in the world.
The tournament will also feature:
● Free Entry for all on Thursday: Visitors can witness the honorary tee off of Maybank Championship 2018 on 1st Feb (Thursday) which will kickstart the tournament featuring the top 14 professional Malaysian golfers including Gavin Green and Danny Chia as well as international players such as Japan Tour’s Number 1 Yusaka Miyazato, Henrik Stenson, Ryo Ishikawa as well as Maybank Championship
● Village Activities & Chill Out Area: Visitors can visit The Village to check out Maybank Championship’s partners’ and sponsors’ exclusive offerings and also catch a breather and respite from the heat at any one of the chill out areas where they can enjoy a cold beverage while staying close to the action. A variety of food and merchandise stalls will be available which will include stalls featuring products from participants of Maybank Foundation’s Reach Independence & Sustainable Entrepreneurship (RISE) programme (an entrepreneurial training programme for people with disabilities and the marginalised), and products from its Women Eco Weavers programme in ASEAN.
● Yoga Sessions: Special YogaOneThatIWant sessions will guide visitors through a series of Yoga workouts to start the mornings right. These sessions are suitable even for beginners and intermediate yogis! The sessions will take place daily at 8.30am and pre-registration is required by calling Yaya at 013-300 5980.
● Players Autograph Session: Visitors stand a chance to catch their favourite players up close and personal in The Village for a picture and get their items signed by their favourite players.
● MaybankHeart, Yellow Fri-YaY: Support Maybank Heart, an online gift-funding platform for non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and charitable bodies, with a Splash of Yellow by turning up with any yellow coloured attire on 2nd February (Friday).
● MaybankHeart Silent Auction: Visitors can take part in the MaybankHeart Silent Auction at the gallery as well as place bids for exclusive signed merchandise by past and present players, and many more. The highest bidder for every item will win the items.
● Feedy: Visitors who would like to receive live notifications and promotions throughout the event week will be able to do so through Feedy via Facebook Messenger. Get started via browser at m.me/MaybankChamp.
With only two weeks to the third instalment of Maybank Championship, there is no better time to mark your calendars to make 2018 an amazing The Best of ASEAN Meets the Best of the World experience! For further details on the tournament activities, please visit maybankchampionship.com.my