Maybank to offer financial relief to customers affected by floods
Maybank today announced a series of relief measures for customers who are affected by the recent floods in the country, as part of the bank's corporate social responsibility commitment.
The measures include relief to those having consumer and automobile financing loans, business loans, credit cards and insurance policies as well as deposit products of Maybank.
Maybank President and CEO, Datuk Amirsham A Aziz said that the Bank is aware that many of its customers may need to re-adjust their finances as a result of the difficulties they have undergone recently. "We are sympathetic to their predicament and we hope that this assistance programme will give them a respite especially in light of their many other obligations at this end-of-the-year and back-to-school period."
Some of the key features of the Maybank disaster relief assistance programme are:
Consumer, Automobile Financing and Business loans
- Deferment of monthly installment payment for consumer, automobile financing and business loans for up to 6 months from January - June 2008, on a case-to-case basis.
- Waiver of late charges and finance charges for up to three months to affected credit cardholders in Pahang/Kelantan/Terengganu and Johor on a case-to-case basis.
- Advisory services for credit card holders as well as special consideration on a case-to-case basis for applications to increase credit card limits.
Deposit & Transactional Services
- Waiver of charges for all affected customers seeking replacement of ATM cards, cheque books and passbooks which have been destroyed in the floods.
- Accelerated processing of claims for Maybank Motor Insurance and Personal Accident policy holders on a case to case basis.
- On-site assessment for affected Home Contents Policy Holders by Maybank officers, as well as payment of claims of up to RM10,000 within three working days.
- Deferment in monthly premium payments for affected insurance policy holders on a case-to-case basis.
Datuk Amirsham added that customers who are facing other financial difficulties as a result of the flood were also welcome to contact their respective Maybank branch for appropriate advice and financial solutions.
In addition to this relief assistance, Maybank has to date disbursed about RM200,000 in aid for flood victims in Pahang and Kelantan, which include food items, toiletries, school uniforms, shoes, socks, bags and cash.